I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised. I’ve been writing here for well over two years and I’ve been writing stuff that works, and so it’s worked. Especially with the recent research, which I thought was just historical, what I found was a new way of seeing. Now I’ve suddenly seen the most enormous link with hypnosis.
I should mention a bit more on how hypnosis fits the picture. Its importance is greater than most think. Hypnosis actually dovetails with chi kung, because of its foundation in Mesmerism. The records of those guys have things in that nobody is noticing. Everyone knows hypnosis works for all sorts of stuff like pain relief, and that it can awaken good stuff in the personality, etc. But a lot of people haven’t twigged that this happens because of different consciousnesses within the person that are contacted. This is all about the power of trance states and it goes right through the recent history of Western spirituality, as well as wider of course, in different forms, into shamanism etc.
Did you know:
– Edgar Cayce first went into his trances through hypnosis?
– Jane Roberts, of “Seth Material” fame, worked with hypnosis and recommended self-hypnotic procedures?
– Some of the simplest chi kung motions resemble those of the early mesmerists, which were sometimes used to build trances so strong that legs could be amputated painlessly?
– There are people showing science to the effect that the old mesmeric passes actually work?– Mesmerism too was linked with the visionary, that great seers mostly now forgotten, eg. the extraordinary Friederike Hauffe, worked with these procedures? (And of course all the psi/ESP imaginable, take that as read. But there’s more to this than just that.)
– Western mesmerists worked with tree energies? Here’s the “Puységur elm”, which early mesmerist the Marquis de Puységur worked with energetically. See those people holding ropes attached to the tree? They’re receiving energy from it for healing. (BTW, Check out Christine’s new blog for her work with plants, good stuff.)Now put all that together and what have you got?
Obviously all this is just the tip of the iceberg. I’ve written before at various points about some of the stuff that this brings together now — eg. on entrainment, the overhead light, the normal, subconscious and superconscious mind, and so forth. And of course Kundalini.
Unfortunately it’s all clicked in a way that I can’t write about because I’ve got to work with it directly. I have to confirm what this is telling me. So right now I may have to stop writing altogether. I’m sorry about that, it is unexpected, but it may be the best way. Some of you know anyway that I’m not awfully comfortable online.